As a principal in Dunlap Fiore, LLC, Ms. Fiore specializes in construction law, business law, litigation, public finance as well as Federal and State regulatory and administrative law matters.
Ms. Fiore’s practice encompasses the full breadth of private and public construction and surety law. She represents clients in the drafting and negotiation of contracts; the administration of project obligations; and the preparation, prosecution and defense of claims. She also has extensive experience in performance and payment guaranty-related matters, bonding, and indemnity issues giving her an experienced, educated perspective on all aspects of construction, and surety law. Ms. Fiore has represented contractors, owners, and sureties and has experience in contracting issues involving the Federal Acquisition Regulation. She has assisted clients with compliance of the Federal Contractor ethics rules in a wide variety of construction-related matters.
Ms. Fiore has authored numerous works on issues related to the surety and construction industry and regularly speaks on matters related thereto. Sample titles of her publications and presentations include:
- Co-Author: Bond Default Manual, Chapter 8: “The Federal Government and the Performing Surety.” (4th Edition, 2014).
- Speaker: “The Federal Government and the Performing Surety.”, American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Surety and Fidelity Law Conference, Spring Meeting La Jolla, California, May, 2015.
- Speaker: “Understanding Construction Bonds on Public Projects.” Louisiana Housing Counsel, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, May, 2014
- Speaker: “When Your Principal is a Federal Contractor,” Travelers, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, January, 2013
- Speaker: Navigating Recent Federal Contractor Ethics Rules,” Association of Corporate Counsel, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, November, 2011.
Ms. Fiore’s practice also includes a focus on public finance transactions for which she serves as bond counsel to various local governmental issuers, including municipalities, and political subdivisions. She serves as bond counsel to state-level issuers including the Louisiana Local Government Environmental Facilities and Community Development Authority. Ms. Fiore also has experience representing banking firms as underwriters’ counsel, as well as serving as bank counsel, issuer’s counsel, and trustee counsel in other public finance transactions.
As a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Louisiana representing the state in both litigation and regulatory matters, Ms. Fiore’s experience also includes the handling of construction litigation, bid disputes and liability matters on behalf of the State. Ms. Fiore also represents Louisiana’s Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority in public assistance matters involving FEMA. Her representation of CPRA includes regulatory matters, contracting and bid disputes, with experience in handling public assistance claims under the Stafford Act at every stage, including preparation and presentation to FEMA, administrative review, arbitration and federal court litigation.
- Louisiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2013
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 05/2002
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Bachelor of General Studies - 05/1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Vice-Chair of the Fidelity and Surety Law Committee of the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) 2016-Present
- American Bar Association, Construction Law Forum
- American Bar Association, Surety and Fidelity Law Committee
- Louisiana Bar Association
- National Bond Claims Association
- Pearlman Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Dunlap Fiore, LLC listed by the "Bond Buyer's Municipal Marketplace" (the Red Book) as nationally recognized bond counsel.