Alexis M. Breedlove
Ms. Breedlove joined Dunlap Fiore, LLC, as a partner in 2019. She has experience in business, commercial, construction and environmental law, insurance defense and insurance subrogation.
Ms. Breedlove began her career representing clients nationally in complying with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all state collection and licensing regulations. She also represented debt collectors and debt buyers from consumer claims, federal and state causes of action, bankruptcy stays/injunctions, credit reporting and all related consumer torts. She was a member of a team that implemented preventative measures to help clients avoid unnecessary and expensive regulatory litigation.
Ms. Breedlove went on to oversee and manage hundreds of automobile, property and fire subrogation files from institution to resolution, which required continuous client contact, a focus on client relations and organization, and the development of efficient and effective litigation strategies. She also defended numerous insurance companies in connection with automobile accident, premise liability and contract litigation. This allowed her to gain experience in both state and federal courts and in mediation and arbitration.
Ms. Breedlove has also practiced environmental litigation, representing large oil and gas companies in legacy and land loss disputes. During this practice, Ms. Breedlove gained extensive experience with large-scale electronic discovery and helped to develop and implement e-discovery protocols and procedures, which included instituting preservation orders, interviewing custodians, creating and negotiating search terms and discovery agreements, overseeing forensic collection and third-party vendor training and document coding, performing searches and analytical analyses to quickly and efficiently identify key documents, and participating in the defense of records custodian depositions and motions to compel.
Ms. Breedlove's practice currently involves commercial, business and construction litigation. She represents clients in matters involving insurance defense and coverage, suretyship, bid disputes, claims for additional work, and disputes involving construction design, defect, delay, and payment.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Environmental Law
- Insurance Defense
- Subrogation Litigation
- Surety Law
- Louisiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2006
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2019
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. / B.C.L. - 2006
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.S. - 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State University Flory Trial Competition Judge
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children
Past Employment Positions
- Kean Miller, LLP, Special Counsel
- Hannah, Colvin & Pipes, LLP, Partner
- Sessions, Fishman, Nathan & Israel, LLP, Associate